Sunday, February 10, 2013
Ask Autism Daddy A Question! A simple, "one sentence answer" type question... :-)
Last night on my Autism Daddy Facebook Page I opened up the floor for all of my followers to ask me simple yes/no type questions. This was a chance for y'all to ask me all those things you've been dying to know about me, wifey, and Kyle.
It was a lot of fun and I answered tons of questions, but with the way FB comments work it got very unwieldy and out of hand very quickly.
So below, for your reading pleasure, I'm going to repost all the questions from FB along with my answers.
And if you have any other "simple" questions for me please ask them in the comments below this blog post and I'll try to respond directly to your comment as quickly as humanly possible.
I know I normally don't always respond as much or as quickly as I should to comments / questions on FB & the blog. I wrote about the reason why HERE. But this time I promise to respond as much as possible.
Ok, without further ado, here are the 31 questions.
1) Does the stimmimg drive you mad?
Depends on the stim..., but yes many do...
2) Do you love your life?
4 days out of every week yes, 3 days no... :-)
3) Can you always tell the difference between behavior that is a result of autism, and normal childhood behavior?
4) Did you decide not to have more children out of concern that there is a genetic link to autism?
YES , I wrote about that HERE
5) Does Kyle do any therapies?
6) Does the autism ever "spoil the mood"?
YES, autism ruins the mood a lot around here… ☺
7) Does it ever get any easier? (from an exhausted, emotionally destroyed and overwhelmed mom of a 2.5 year old on the severe end of the spectrum)
Yes it gets easier... Then harder, then easier
8) Does your wife ever come on the blog?
Yes my wife reads the blog and FB page and even comments every once in a while.
9) Does Kyle toe walk?
10) Have you ever fantasized about Princess Leia in the gold bikini?
Yes of course!
11) Do you have any other pets besides Paula?
Nope, just Princess Paula. You can read more about Paula HERE
12) Do you ever day dream about what your life would be like without Autism?
Yes I do.
13) How much guilt do you have about not doing enough for your child?
Lots of guilt.
14) Do you realize that all of us women have a secret crush on you???!!!
(blushing) Yes… ☺
15) Has kyle ever been suspended for aggressive behaviors at school?
No, not for aggression. He was thrown out for holding his breath too much. Read about that HERE.
16) Does your wife get jealous of all the time you spend on here?
Jealous, no. Annoyed, maybe. ☺
17) If you could cure just Kyle of one thing, autism or epilepsy, which would you choose?
I’d cure the autism over the epilepsy every day of the week.
18) Do you listen to Howard Stern?
I LOVE Howard!
19) Did your son ever smear poop?
He hasn’t gone thru a poop smearing phase… yet…
20) Has kyle ever seen you have sex?
21) Have you ever had any dreams where Kyle could talk?
22) Have you ever considered Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment to treat the autism sypmtoms and epilepsy?
We tried the HBOT years ago, before the seizures and del it did nothing for the autism... and is way too expensive to try again... but the seizures have been better lately...
23) Do you wonder what Kyle will be like when he gets older and if it will get easier or more difficult?...
Yes I wonder and I expect things will get more difficult
24) Do u think pot should be legalized?
25) Do you watch Touch?
26) Do you ever purposely take extra time to get home, so you can have a longer break from the craziness?
YES!! Before my antidepressants i used to do that a lot... not as much anymore... but some days, yes
27) Are you young? You guys seem young with all you do with him. Lots of energy. I used to be like that!
I'm 42 years young... but in my brain i think I'm about 25...
28) Do you have a special needs trust or will in place?...
Yes a will and a special needs trust. I wrote about that HERE
29) Have you ever been to a dan dr.?
Yes... we spent 3 years trying lots of diffeent dan dr stuff with no improvements... we are taking a dan dr break right now... we may go back some day...but for now a nice break
30) Does Paula sleep with King Kyle?
31) Do you think it is harder to have a non verbal child ....or a child that has so many words but cant communicate at all ... ?
As a parent of a non verbal child of course i think non verbal is harder.... i just want to hear my kid talk... just once!
That's all I answered last night. So now, it's your turn. Any more questions for me?
© 2011-2016 Autism Daddy / Frank Campagna. All Rights Reserved
Autism Daddy Blog by Autism Daddy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.